Thursday, May 5, 2011

Corsage for Mom


I'm usually a day or so late getting my holiday projects done, but this time I made it with a few days to spare. Fwewh!

I saw this flower on Make it-Love it.
I thought I would make a bigger one as a corsage for my Mom and Mother-in-Law, and myself.
It was quick and super cute.

So Mom, if you are seeing this before Mother's Day, yours is coming.

Cut about a 5 inch strip of satin or similar fabric. Iron flat.

Fold in half and press.

Next, serge or zig-zag the edge, starting at the folded edge curving toward the cut edge like this.

Next gather the strip of fabric.
(I have so missed my gathering foot for my sewing machine. I finally got my industrial machine accessable again.)

Cut out 2 small circles and serge the edges. The serger doesn't want to curve very well so they ended up more like pentagons than circles. It's Ok.

Get out your bar pins and hand sew to the top edge of one of the fabric circles.

I forgot to take a picture pre-gluing but here's what the back looks like.

I used this Fabric glue to form the flower.

Next start at one end and glue and roll about 2-3 inches of the end to form the center of the flower.

Starting from the outside of the fabric circle, glue the ruffle in a spiral working toward the center. Be sure to leave a little open space in the center for the tight roll you made. When you get to the center, cover the bottom of the tight spiral with glue and press into the center of the flower to adhere in place.

I made 3 of them and they each turned out a little different, but each beautiful.

Pin in place and you are ready to go!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button