Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Upcycle me something pretty! part 4

 Time for part 4 of Upcycle me.  This time I made something for my girl.  I love the ruffles and made it similar to this one.  Only this time, I just used a long sleeve t-shirt that I had but didn't love anymore.  I think it turned out super cute and my girl loves it!

Upcycled Girls Skirt

You will need one long sleeve shirt.   Lay out the shirt and measure the length you want the skirt to be, plus about 1 inch for the waistband.


I'm not sure what happened to the pictures.  Weird.  Anyway,
Cut the sleeves off at the seam and set aside.


Trim the side seams where the sleeves were to make an A-line skirt and sew up the sides. 




Open up the sleeve and cut in 1 inch strips.  This will be your ruffle.


 Lay your strips together and sew to make one long piece.






Gather the strips to make ruffle.  Pin in place and sew to bottom of the skirt like shown.

Next I used my embroidery hoop to hold the fabric flat so I could make the ruffle flower.  


I used some large red Ric-rac along with the ruffle fabric and sewed it into a spiral.


Here's a closeup.  I like the added intrest the ric-rac makes.


Add your elastic waistband, pinning then serging the elastic to the fabric like shown.  Then turn the elastic inside and topstitch to secure in place.



And Done!  So cute!


Thanks for being my model pretty girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button