Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Good Life


I regularly play with word art.
That and scour Pinterest for ideas for my pallet projects.

I have also been on a journey of introspection and reflection.
There are a couple of things I really want right now.
Things that I don't have in my life that make me feel like "the grass is greener."
If I could just have those things, THEN I would be happy.
Then everything would be right with the world.
Then life would be all that I imagine it could be.

The problem is that I don't have any control over whether those things will happen or not.
So rather than stew over what I want and don't have,
I have to rethink my attitude.

There are some song lyrics by Cheryl Crow that say,
"It's not having what you want,
It's wanting what you've got."

When I start feeling sad about the things I want and don't have,
I have been forcing myself to look around and appreciate the things I do have.

A wonderful husband and 5 amazing kids.
A beautiful house in an awseome neighborhood.
I live close to my family.
I get to create pallet art, AND get paid for it.
And on and on and on.

Really.
LIFE is GOOD!

So here's the board I created, to remind myself.

Be grateful.

Life really is that good!




Here's to you.
Here's to the GOOD LIFE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button