Friday, May 4, 2012

Cinco De Mayo

I'm a Southwest Native. Consequently I love Mexican Food.  Cinco De Mayo is pretty big around here, mostly for others it's an excuse to drink, but since I don't drink, it's a time to get together and have some amazing Mexican Food. 
You know I'm making some of these.  My favorite! 

I also love to make some fun decorations to celebrate.  This year I only spent about $3.50.  $2 for tissue paper at the dollar store, and $1.50 for ribbon from Walmart.  I haven't finished my table-scape yet, I'll share when it's done, but the wall deco is done.  Not to bad if I do say so myself.  

The bunting was just little pieces of scrapbook paper cut as shown and sewn onto tiny ribbon.

 I made about a eleventy-billion tissue paper flowers with the help of my friend {C}. Some smaller, some bigger, some fuller, some less full.  I like the variety.
 For some reason the lighting in my kitchen is kinda bad. Sorry about that.  The Banner just says "Fiesta" about 3 times.  I used my Cricut to cut the letters.





 This is the stairway. It's wrapped in ribbon, bunting and tissue paper flowers.


 Remember the wreath I made here? Well I'm in a new house without a fireplace so this it how I chose to display it.
 It was fun adding the bunting and flowers to it.  I love how it turned out.

 Lastly the wreath on the front door.  Super easy and I think pretty cute!


Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Let's eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button