Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Another 15 minute T-shirt upcycle

 I wanted something cute and different to wear to Thanksgiving this year and only had a few minutes to pull this one together.

Thank goodness it's super-duper easy and quick.

All you need is a t-shirt that is a few sizes bigger than what you wear.

I wear a medium and the shirt I'm using is an XL.
Here is the Before and After.

Before:  Huge and ... well boring, frumpy, etc.

After:  Cute, fitted, and flattering.  Score!

Here's the how to:



Lay out the shirt.
Measure your waist at the largest spot and divide the number in half.
Measure this number across the bottom of the shirt.  
Now you know how close you can make the bottom opening.
Pin like shown.  Tapering from the neck to the sleeve. Then tapering from the sleeve to the bottom of the shirt.



Here's two more closer pics of the pins to make the shape.
Cut the neck line out.

Stitch along the pin line.
Turn right side out and topstitich each seam at the shoulder and sides.


Here you can see the top stitching.  I also added two pin tucks at the shoulder to give the neckline more drape.


 Here's another close up of the neckline so you can see what I did.  I also folded over the full neckline and top stitched it down to finish the edge.


And Done! 
Here's my attempt to take my picture in the mirror.  
Didn't quite work right.  
I do love my Kate Spade iphone cover though.


 Another quick upcycle.

Go try it.  It's super easy!

I'd love to hear how it goes.  Feel free to leave links to your projects.


 Thanks for looking today!



24 comments:

  1. This is very cute- flattering and comfy I'm sure! Found this on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute- flattering and comfy I'm sure! Found this on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this straight forward tutorial - finally inspired to do something with some frumpy, yet sentimental, old t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for discuss this, Love learning more on this topic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing article. Thanks for sharing wonderful informative blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a marvelous posting! Sure to bookmark this blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m happy I read this. It is very well written, great Keep doing it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ! this nice article you shared with great information

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its really fun to read this. I enjoyed a lot. Great Article it is

    ReplyDelete

  10. It’s the same topic , but I was quite surprised to see the opinions I didn’t think of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m writing on this topic these days, , but I have stopped writing because there is no reference material.

    ReplyDelete

  12. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know.

    ReplyDelete

  13. It’s really great. Thank you for providing a quality article.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must thank you for thfe efforts you’ve put in writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting this educative write up

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for posting this educative writeup.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Blog is awesome. Really appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for always writing good things.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was a great show , really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thankyou for giving me useful information.
    Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

Print It Button