Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Carnival!

My one and only girl turned 8 recently and since 8 is a big deal in our house, I knew we had to do something huge and superfun.  It took me about 3 weeks to put it all together but everyone had so much fun, I'm so glad I did it.  Let me share.

This is the invitation I made in Photoshop.  I took out our particulars so you can print your own.  
Feel free to use it.  
It fits on a regular 8.5x11 size paper.  
I printed it out on cardstock.
 We borrowed a Plinko game from my Sister, who also helped run the game.  Thanks so much {R}!

This was a ball toss game where you threw the ball between the rungs of the ladder.  SO easy to put together.  I just made the numbers on the Cricut and taped them to the ladder. My boy {S} helped run this one.

Of course there was a sack race.  We lined the area with the triangle flags I bought at the dollar store.  Then used old pillow cases for the sacks.
 So fun!








                       


There's my girl with Dad in the background.
This was a penny pitch with several sizes of bowls to try to get the pennys into.

Thanks {J} for helping.

Next was a Tic-Tac-Toe  beanbag game.  Thanks {M}!
Every carnival needs a fish pond.  We built the cube out of the poles from our awning and covered it with a blue sheet and laminated fish.  The pole was an actual fishing pole.  Manning the fish pond was the perfect job for {D}!

This one is the pin drop, but we used wiffle-balls.



You get a bunch of mason jars,
tape numbers to the bottom for the points and they try to get the balls into the jars.  It's really not as easy as it looks.  My cute niece helped with this one.

Now of course the food!   My cousin had the theatre style popcorn maker so we made a ton!  It was so yummy!  It looks like my little guy ate too much popcorn! ;)
 We also served Hot Dogs and Ice cream cone cupcakes.  The Cone cupcakes didn't turn out as beautiful as I had hoped so sorry no pictures.  But they did get eaten so no worries.


 Last but not least, the cake.  My awesome friend {C} who happens to be my marathoner running partner, used to work in a bakery.  I showed her a picture of what I had in mind and she helped me create this.  There are little gingerbread men marshmallows in the cups attached to the wheel.


 Happy Birthday baby girl!  Love you so much!






9 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!! We are planning a double party for my girls in a couple of weeks (carnival theme) and I would love to use your invitations. Could you let me know how to print them?? The link isn't working for me. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. could u please tell me how i can print this invitation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the invitation! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! This Blog is so wonderful. continue writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there, You have done a fantastic article here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent article here. I want more, fabulous job you did

    ReplyDelete
  7. For sure I will check out more posts. This is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What your declaring is entirely genuine article. Thank a lot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey pretty, I am so thrilled that I found this blog, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Print It Button