The kids just started school yesterday.
But it's time to start thinking about Christmas.
Especially if there is some long, involved gift you want to give.
I scoured pinterest and some of my pics for some of my favorites.
Here's the top 10, in random order, of what I'm thinking of doing:
Source: Poppy's Home Decor1. Christmas Tree Decor: A super cute and easy Christmas board.
I think I will make mine out of pallet wood similar to the one by Becky over at Beyond the Picket Fence.
Source: Beyond the Picket Fence
Here's another version I love!
2. Door Joy Sign: I'm so loving this front door sign.
Unfortunately the originator page no longer exists.
I will just have to make it up myself.
3. Paper Dolls: My girl would love this paper doll set.
Although I think I would laminate and magnitize each piece.
Unfortunately the original blog no longer exists.
What's up with that? Anyway the idea is super cute!
4. Fabric TeePee: This teepee would be super easy to make with some $1 sheets from Goodwill. I definitely see this one in my future!
5. Swings: If I had kids this small again, this would definitely be on my list. I may just have to make some for my nieces.
The Adult ones are also awesome!
Source: Swingz and Thingz
6. Denim Car Tracks: If you have little boys, this would be a super easy project with all those old jeans, maybe even head over to Goodwill's $1 days and get some cheap old jeans to cut up.
Lil Mop Top
7. Family Fun Wooden Lawn Games: This is a fun family game that would be easy to make as long as you have access to a miter saw.
Of course Martha had to be part of the roundup!
Source: Martha Stewart
Here's two more wooden family games that would be fun to make: Giant Jenga
And Lawn Scrabble
8. Tree House: This fun tree house would take a bit more carpentry skills than I have but it would be super fun for boys or girls. They have several different kinds to choose from. I'm really liking the garden gnome theme they have going here. Super cute! I would like mine to come apart for easy storing. Hmm... I may have to ponder that one a bit, or just buy one from them.
9. Fabric Lego Bag/Play Mat: I love this Lego bag but I would make a few changes. This is a definite project in my future. I have lots of Lego lovers in my house and this would be a perfect gift.
Source: Freshly Pieced
10. Family Puzzle: I saw this last one and loved the idea but I would totally change it. I would mod podge family photos on each piece instead of scrapbook paper. Either one giant group photo cut up or individual photos of each family member. This is another definite project on my horizon.
Source: Ooops, I craft my pants
What will you make for Christmas this year?
It's time to get your craft on and start planning, hunting, and creating.
As of this minute there are only 133 days, 15 hours, and 26 minutes until Christmas.
Thank you xmasclock!