Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wall Art Week - Part 2





Today is part 2 of Wall Art week.

I can't tell you how much the little hampsters are toiling away 
in my head right now with ideas for more wall art projects.  
Most of them go into my inspiration book to save for later.
If I don't write or draw them when the idea comes, it's usually gone forever.
Some are persistent enough to come back to me, and usually those get made right away.

But this bird image from Graphics Fairy still hangs around in the back of my mind.
I love the image and there are so many ways to use it.
You betcha I'm going to be doing some Christmas Trees with this.

But for today I just played with some pallet boards and one line of birds.
The pallet wood already had some color to the slats which I'm totally fine with.  They are all approximately the same length, I just staggered them when I screwed each slat to a wood picket.



Then I followed the same method as this project with my image and projector.
Next a little walnut stain.
The pallet wood soaked up the stain more than I wanted
so it was slightly darker than I had anticipated,
but with a little sanding, I'm pleased with the result.
A wax paste topcoat finished the piece.
Some Arizona sun to dry, and hardware on the back and it's done.






Tomorrow I will show you the key image I did with the same type of pallet wood.

Just as a side note, as I was dropping my son off at school today,
I noticed 3 pallets in the dumpster next to his school.

I'm so going dumpster diving today!
I know all the other parents are going to think I'm weird, but I don't care.
All that wonderful pallet wood going to waste?
Not on my watch!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I like how you added the graphic to it--makes it more artistic. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Print It Button