Monday, August 12, 2013

A Pretty for Me Time


Hip Hip Hooray!

All my babies are finally back to school. 
It was a little crazy there at the end because the start date had to be pushed back a few days.  
It really threw us all for a loop getting all geared up for school to start and the find out we had another week of summer vacation.  
I'm not complaining too much, we did get to do some fun things together before the grind started back up. 

I've just been missing 'ME' time.  

Since all my kids are in school full time now, it means several hours of whatever I want.  
Usually that means crafting, cooking, and a little exercise.  
Not necessarily in that order.  
I do have plans to refocus my goals personally and physically.  
But more on that later.

I've been dying to create something beautiful just for me.  
It turned out that I forgot about my friend's daughter's sweet 16.  
So this bracelet ended up as a gift to her.  
She leads the singing in church and she wore this bracelet.  
It was fun to see her lead with my pretty charm bracelet on her wrist.

But enough gushing.  
Let's get down to business.

You will only need a few supplies for this bracelet.

I used a sheer ribbon, but really a satin one would work just as well.  
Pick your favorite color...  match a favorite outfit.  
The sky is the limit!  
I also used some head pins, beads, a few charms, 
jump rings, some clamp ribbon ends, and a toggle clasp.  



First create the bead charms with the head pins and the beads.  They are easy to make.  Just slide the bead on the head pin and coil the remaining wire into a loop like shown.


Now decide where you want your charms and thread them on the ribbon.  I tied a knot in the ribbon for each charm to keep them in place and eliminate them all sliding to one side.

Measure your wrist and decide how long you want the ribbon to be.
Add the Ribbon clamp ends.


Finally add your jump rings and toggle clasp.  Super quick and done!







I'm so happy to have some 'Me' time again.
What will you create in your 'Me' time?
I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button