It's that time of year again.
My son needed an Egyptian Pharoah costume for a class project so I got to kill 2 birds with one stone.
Plus I only spent $4. Yep. $4.
Looks pretty good if I do say so myself.
The beads were some cheap ($2.50) gold tone plastic beads that we stitched onto the plates with heavy thread and a yarn quilting needle. Then strung them together with ribbon. I cut the slits with a paring knife. Leave enough ribbon in the back to tie together. The apron was constructed the same way just longer cardboard pieces.
The top was made from a piece of packing tape folded together then wrapped in tin-foil. I used a yard of red satin that I had on hand, folded the top and used packing tape to hold in place.
The tunic was from an old bed sheet that I used one of his t-shirts as a pattern and serged together. I added a strip of silver ribbon to the hem to finish the look.
The staffs were made from old broken tent poles wrapped in tin-foil.
The tassle was $1.50 in the clearance isle. We wrapped his arm with the rope left over from the tassle tie-back.
Not too shabby for an Egyptian Pharoah!