Tuesday, February 26, 2013

T-Shirt Skirt in under 15 minutes

This Saturday was the first time in lots of weeks that we didn't have any where to be or a ton of things to do.  It was so nice to just be lazy at home for once.  And what did I do?  Sew.  I've missed it actually and a while ago I was brousing through the Clearance rack at Old Navy and came across this striped t-shirt.  I knew it was destined to be my skirt right then and there.  This is a super easy project and only takes minutes to make.  Plus you can make it as tight or as loose as you want.  I like a little breathing room but not too much.  This one was perfect.  I think I'm going to make another one... or 10 more, but who's counting.

Since the white stripe is kind of thin and I'm not much of a slip girl, I picked up another plain white T at Goodwill. Totally optional depending on the thickness of the T-shirt you're using.

(The real thing, not a member of the band, which is really good by the way.)

The two t-shirts are sewn individually then pined together and both attached to the elastic together.
I figured out what the length would be and cut a simple A-line like shown.


 Sew or serge the side seams together.
I still have some 2 inch elastic left so I'm using that.
Pin in the 4 corners and stretch the elastic as you sew it in place.


Turn the whole thing right side out and you're done.
Easy Peasy!


Here's a few quick pics of me in my new skirt.


It was freezing outside when we took these and I was trying not to shiver.





It is a very happy stripe-y kind of day!


1 comment:

  1. That is adorable! Great DIY. I will try it sometime.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Print It Button