Friday, November 8, 2013

Milk Kefir Syrup

Buttermilk syrup is a long time family favorite around here, 
but I wanted to try using milk kefir instead of milk and vinegar.  
Plus we started using raw organic sugar I get from WinCo.  

The combination is heavenly.  

I know the picture shows a store bought bottle of kefir, 
which I bought initially just to see if we liked it.  
Since then I wash it and refil it with my homemade milk kefir.
  

So here's the original recipe:
Buttermilk Syrup

1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp Karo

Now my Real Version of 
Milk Kefir Syrup:

1 cube butter (organic and not treated with rBST, we like Tillamook)
1 cup raw organic cane sugar
1/2 cup milk kefir

(omit the Karo.  That stuff is poison.)

Boil and stir for 1 minute.


Add 1/2 tsp real vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda

Stir well.  It will foam alot so use a deep pan.

Pour and Enjoy!
Because I'm using Real ingredients, a little goes a long way!

We love it over my Sprouted Buckwheat waffles and some raw peanut butter.



Milk Kefir syrup.  It's a beautiful thing!


PS.  If you hadn't noticed I took my blog from public to private 
and eliminated all the banner adds and links to other blogs.  

I got a letter in the mail from an inmate at the state penitentary yesterday and I got really scared.  
How did he get my information?  What will he do when he gets out of prison?

Consequently I'm severely restricting my pubic profile.  No more pictures.
This is a process going off grid, but I love posting things I'm doing, 
mostly for me because I rarely do the same thing twice 
and I regularly go back to old posts to find recipes I made up.

Rethinking and re-evaluating is necessary sometimes, 
but getting forced to do it the way I did....  Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button