Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Amazing Places I've been

I had to share some pictures of some amazing places that I have been recently. Plus since my 2yr old dropped my camera in Kool-Aid, I got to buy a new camera. It's a Nikon D5000. I'm still a newbie at digital SLR cameras but I think the pics turned out great. All are on the east coast. I will try to label them as we go.

Niagra Falls


The Smith Farm in Palmyra, NY



The Sacred Grove


The Palmyra Temple


The view from the Top of Hill Cumorah.



These were taken at a cemetary in Boston, Mass. Paul Revere, John Hancock, and Mother Goose are all buried here. I saw the pennies and asked someone what the significance was. I was told it is a Jewish custom. I need to research that more. Very interesting.
The USS Constitution, or Old Iron Sides. The oldest still seafaring comssisioned vessel in the US Navy.

The monument at Bunker Hill, Boston, Mass. Similar yet not near as big as the Washington Monument in DC.
Manhattan Island, New York City, New York from the Empire State building. (I'm so glad I don't live in a city like that.)
The National Museum of Natural History in NYC. You know, the one from the movie Night at the Museum. Unfortunately it is nothing like the movie on the inside. Rexy isn't even there. I was so sad.


I was amazed at how mesmerizing the Stature of Liberty was. I couldn't stop staring at that amazing monument that has greeted so many millions of immigrants to this country, probably some of my own ancestors too.


Mmmm. Chocolate. This is at the M & M's World Factory at
Times Square in NYC.
Well that's a good place to stop for now. I took over 1000 pictures on this trip. My husband kept saying 'there goes the crazy lady with the camera.' It was fun, quick, exhausting, and a great education. I learned to appreciate things I never even thought of before.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful pictures Shelley! I love the fall colors in Palmyra. Maybe it was a good thing your camera ended up in Kool-Aid, it looks like the new one is pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I wish we could have been there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos. I have one also of that gorgeous red tree on the Smith Farm. Can't wait to see the rest (plus stuff of where you're living now)

    ReplyDelete

Print It Button