Monday, September 26, 2011

Mason jar Decor

While working on this project I couldn't help thinking about Gaston in Beauty and the Beast.  You remember the line from his song... "I use Antlers in all of my decorating!"  

Well... I use Mason Jars.

Get 2 similar jars.  I used two wide mouth pint jars. And find some cording.  I may make holders out of wire someday but I like the rustic-ness of the twine.

 Wrap the twine twice around the top of the jar and secure with a bread bag thingy.
 Remove from jar and lay on table.
 Cut 2 lengths of twine for the handle. I doubled mine.
Tie one side to loop.

Then tie the other.


Place the twine on the jar and tighten and tie the twine around the jar.
Now you're ready to hang them.

Mount your hooks to the wall.
Mine came from Rod Works.
I recently discovered them and have fallen in love.  Luckily for me they opened a new store about 5 minutes from my house.  I know there will be multiple trips in the forseeable future.

I still need to think about what to put in them.  Maybe I need to go back to Rod Works for some ideas.  But even with a few black rocks in them, I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button