Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Super Yumm Granola!

This summer I went on vacation with a friend and she brought this super yummy granola.  I shared it with my in-laws and they all asked for the recipe.  So here you are girls.  

Plus, my oldest boy has asked if he can take it as his lunch to school everyday. 

Yes.  It's that good!

{C's} Granola Recipe

In a medium sauce pan combine the following:
1 cup oil, or 2 sticks butter (I used butter)
1/2 cup honey
1 1/4 cup brown sugar 
(as you can see I used white sugar and 2 Tbsp molasses, I never buy brown sugar, but that's a personal preference)
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup real maple syrup
(didn't have any so I used regular Log Cabin Pancake syrup)


Heat over medium heat and stir until butter is melted and all ingredients are combined.
 Remove from heat and set aside while you assemble the Oat mixture.


You will need 7 cups rolled oats.  I used Honeyville's 6 grain mix.  Just one more way to sneak in some more whole grains.

Combine 7 cups Rolled oats with:
1 cup wheat germ ( I used Bob's)
2 cups coconut
2 cups nuts (mine is a combination of almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds... 
whatever strikes your fancy.)
 Mix well and add liquid mixture.  Stir to coat evenly.

Preheat oven to 225.
Pour granola on to 2 large baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooking oil, ie. Pam.  Spread evenly and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove pans, stir gently and replace pans in the opposite position in your oven to ensure even baking.  Bake for another 20 minutes.  Turn off oven. Remove and stir gently.  Return to oven and let sit for another 20 minutes.  Remove and let cool.

Stir in your favorite dried fruits.  I have 1 1/2 cups Craisins, and  1 cup white grape raisins in mine.
Again, feel free to adjust to your tastes.  I may try pineapple, papaya, figs, and dates in the future.
 This time I ate it with some Greek Style Yogurt.  My boy likes it with milk like cereal.  We also like it just to snack on.


 Mmmm Granola, 
a Yummy Combination.
 Let's Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button