I had some scraps left over from another project and have been thinking about doing some letters for a while.
But for some reason I wanted to do Love instead of Eat.
Basically the same process.
A little measuring, eye-balling, and miter saw cutting.
Honestly I couldn't tell you the actual dimentions.
I just used the scrap I already had and only needed to cut
a few pieces like the corners of the O which is cut at
30 degrees, and the side of the V which is cut at 45 degrees.
After cutting and sanding all the pieces, I actually did two sets, I laid them out on the ground to make sure they were going to work. Then laid the pieces out upside down on the concrete.
I used some Gorilla wood glue and a staple gun to stick the slats together.
After they were dry, I drilled some holes along the seam.
Then threaded some bailing wire through the holes, pulling it tight to create the X
at each joint.
It added a little stability, along with a great decorative effect.
These are just sitting on my shelf for the photo-op, but
I did add some hanging wire to the backs so they could hang on the wall.
Since these are going over to Twigs and Twine, I didn't
want to put a bunch of holes in my walls just for a picture.
But really, the letters could sit on a shelf just as well.
The V may need a little help but that's OK.
Sorry they are kind of squshy.
Keep going, I fixed the problem.
A closeup of the seams and wire.
Just for kicks I took pics of the other boards I delivered.
Another bicycle one.
A new Cafe one.
This one was a custom order and since I was already doing one,
I had to do two.
The letters came from the alphalicious font for the Cricut.
Another batch of Pallet Projects done.