Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pallets and Chandeliers


I regularly go to Pinterest for inspiration for my pallet wood projects.
Usually I just type in Pallet wood in the search engine and go from there.
There are some seriously talented crafters out there!

Chandeliers have held a special place in my heart.

I think they are beautiful.
Any way, any design, any material.
Especially the ones with beads and candles.

Very old world.

Very stunning.

So I came across these two pieces along with some others
that got my creative juices going.




I had done this one for my daughter a while ago.


But for the store I wanted to do another one out of pallet wood.

I searched Google images and found this one.

Simple.  Sweet.  Elegant.

Exactly the way a Chandelier should be.


So I assembled the boards like normal and used my projector to put the image on the board.
I love this method because it allows me to make the image the size and orientation exactly the way I want it to be.

I fit the image on the board and started painting.
A bit more detailed than normal but fun nontheless.

For the beadwork I used a q-tip dipped in my paint..
It worked perfectly!

I did add some stain once the image was painted because the boards were too pale
to show the white Chandelier properly.





I love how it turned out!


Pallet wood and Chandeliers.
A perfectly unique and beautiful combination.


4 comments:

  1. Nice one! You're great on this, Thank you for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog posts are more interesting and impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was good. You’re going to be a famous blogger. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely a wonderful stories you made here. Cheers for this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Print It Button