Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pallets and Chandeliers


I regularly go to Pinterest for inspiration for my pallet wood projects.
Usually I just type in Pallet wood in the search engine and go from there.
There are some seriously talented crafters out there!

Chandeliers have held a special place in my heart.

I think they are beautiful.
Any way, any design, any material.
Especially the ones with beads and candles.

Very old world.

Very stunning.

So I came across these two pieces along with some others
that got my creative juices going.




I had done this one for my daughter a while ago.


But for the store I wanted to do another one out of pallet wood.

I searched Google images and found this one.

Simple.  Sweet.  Elegant.

Exactly the way a Chandelier should be.


So I assembled the boards like normal and used my projector to put the image on the board.
I love this method because it allows me to make the image the size and orientation exactly the way I want it to be.

I fit the image on the board and started painting.
A bit more detailed than normal but fun nontheless.

For the beadwork I used a q-tip dipped in my paint..
It worked perfectly!

I did add some stain once the image was painted because the boards were too pale
to show the white Chandelier properly.





I love how it turned out!


Pallet wood and Chandeliers.
A perfectly unique and beautiful combination.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button