Wednesday, May 28, 2014

An Elegant Dinner on the Patio

Prom.

A super fun, super expensive fancy event for teenagers.

I'm jealous.
Seriously.

How often do Moms and Dads get this kind of treatment without having to pay through the nose?

So I guess you could say I'm living through my child.

My boy was going with a great group of kids and I knew a couple of the moms.
We suggested doing a dinner supplied by the Mom's as a way to help the kids save money.

I think it turned out fabulously!

And with minimal cost.

Sometimes it really does take a village to pull off something this amazing.


So let me give you the low-down.

There were 12 kids, 6 couples.
Someone supplied the table linens and dishware.

I did the center piece.


There are Mason Jars, votive candles, playground sand, Christmas lights, sheer curtain fabric, 
babys breath flowers and a Pallet wood platform with finials for legs.
The only thing I spent money on was the candles and the babys breath.


The Christmas lights were piled up in the center.
Then the sheer fabric draped over the lights.
Then the pallet wood platform and finials.
Mason jars with playground sand and candles were next.
Finished off with the babys breath flowers spread around the jars.



It truly looked magical with the Candles lit, twinkling lights in the background,
and lovely dinnerware for each place setting.




The kids had a great time.
And at the end they called out the moms and gave us a standing ovation.
It was awesome!!


Just a quick rundown of the dinner:

To start it was artisan bread bowls with spinach dip served with pita chips.

A small cup of lime sorbet to cleanse the pallet.
(my boy was the only one who knew what that was, 
the rest were just excited to have some ice cream!)

Salad with choice of toppings and dressing.

More Lime Sorbet.


Dinner was chicken breast, roasted vegetables, and baked potato.

Lime Sorbet.

And finally a gorgeous Piezookie which is just my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe 
pressed into a ramekin, baked and topped with vanilla ice cream, 
and drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce.

They looked so good I had to take a picture.

My friend went a little crazy with the chocolate and caramel drizzle-ing across the top,
but hey, how often do we get to do that?!?
Plus it makes the dessert look amazing!


All in all, it was a lot of work, for not much money.

And the kids had a great time.

Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button