Monday, June 18, 2012

A Quick Up-cycled Skirt

Here's a super quick and cute project and all you need is an old t-shirt, thread and elastic.  And about 20 minutes.  
How's that  for quick!

Determine the length you want and cut the shirt. It's OK if the sleeves are in there.  If there's sleeves in the way, trim them out and seam up the sides.  It will make it more A-line.

Next I cut several circles of 2 sizes and used some white fabric I had left over.

 Pin them in place and stitch down.  I did X's and one line straight through the center but get creative.
 Add elastic to the waist and you're done.  I kept the band hem at the bottom of the shirt so I didn't even have to hem the skirt.




Super quick and cute.
It was so easy, 
I think I'll do one for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button