Friday, July 20, 2012

Super Yummm Chicken!

Remember the post about the Veggie Blend?  You can re-read it here.
I'm always on the hunt to find new ways to sneak it into our meals.  
I found a super easy and super yummy way.  

I call it Taco Ranch Chicken.  

We served it over a mix of brown and wild rice, but really you could serve it over pasta, or in a Tortilla for a taco or burrito.  It's super good, even my picky eaters love it!

Here's the how:

Get a bag and put 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning in it.  Cut up 6-7 chicken thighs... my cut of choice, but breast would be fabulous too.
Put the Chicken pieces in the bag and shake to coat. 
Put 1 Tbsp Olive oil in large skillet and heat to medium High. 
Pour chicken into skillet and brown chicken.
Add 1 cup of the veggie blend.
Squirt a good amount of Ranch Dressing over the top, more or less according to your taste.  
Stir well.  
Cover and Simmer for 5 minutes.  
Done.  Seriously.  
It's that easy.

I cooked my Brown rice like this but you can also follow manufacturers instructions.

In a large saucepan, put 2 cups brown/wild rice mix in pan.  Cover with 5 cups water.  Add 1 Tbsp Chicken Boullion.  Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to Medium Low and simmer for 40 minutes.  Fluff with fork and serve.



My boy saw me making this post and said, "Oh that stuff is so good.  You need to make it again."

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button