Monday, October 1, 2012

Fruit-a-licious Breakfast Oatmeal!

Here's a super yummy breakfast oatmeal that's packed with fruity good-ness, plus a little chocolate to take the flavors to the next level.   I found the recipe on pinterest from Urban Nester.  I changed it a little but the basics are the same.  I didn't take any pictures of the process, but it's super easy!

Fruity Breakfast Oatmeal

I  1 1/2 times the recipe to fit my 9x13 pan since I'm feeding 7.  The origional is for a 10x7 pan.  Since I don't even own a pan that size, I'll give you my version.

3 cups rolled 6 grain oats (I used Bob's)
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp molasses
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups cherries that have been pitted and sliced in half, and some quartered
(other fruit of your choice can be substituted.  I would use any kind of berry, bananas, peaches, apples chopped small, pears, etc.)
3/4 cups chocolate chips

Mix the dry ingredients reserving some of the cherries to place on top at the end.

Mix the wet ingredients:
3 cups milk
2 large eggs
5 Tbsp butter melted
1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract

Put dry ingredients into 9x13 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Gently pour milk mixture over the dry ingredients trying to cover all the oat mixture.
Put remaining cherries on top to make it pretty.

Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Let cool slightly as Cherries will be hot!
Serve.


 Warm fruity chocolate-y yummy-ness!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button