Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pear Honey Heaven

I got some pears from Washington this week and have found a super yummy way to preserve them in my pantry.  This recipe is super easy and you will want to eat the whole jar yourself!  I know my family did!
The recipe calls it Pear Honey.  I call it Pear Orange Yummy-ness!  
It's more like a marmalade and is fabulous on toast!


Pear Honey

                                                                                  Wash, peel and core:
                                                                6 pears
2 tart apples (I used Granny Smith)















Zest one whole orange into heavy large stockpot.
Peel the orange and discard peels.


In the blender put the cut pieces of fruit and blend to a puree.  The chunkyness is up to you depending on how long you blend the fruit.  I did two pieces at a time.

Put the fruit puree in large stockpot with the zest.
Add 3 cups sugar.  Stir well.

Cook to boiling.  Let boil while you prepare your jars.




Fill jars with fruit mixture leaving 1 inch headspace.


Put lids in about 1 inch water and heat to a simmer.  Remove from heat and place lids on jars.  Fix rings and process in a boiling water canner, or steam canner for 20 minutes.

Remove and let cool for 24 hours to ensure a good seal on your jar.  Label and put in your pantry.


Luckily there was a little left that I didn't put into jars.  My Husband loved his breakfast of eggs, peaches, Oatmeal Molassses bread toast, and Pear Honey.


 One more homemade treasure to add to my pantry!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button