Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pinewood Derby - Pit Passes

I am now a Cub Scout Den Leader and as soon as I was put in, they had Pinewood Derby.  
I've done Cubs for most of my married life so I have done lots of Pinewood Derbys. 
I always do Pit Passes for the boys each time.  

Originally it was to keep parents, aka. DAD's away from the cars.  In our area it got pretty bad for a while where the boys never even touched their cars.  The dad's had them specially made by engineers and only the dad's could handle them.  I thought Cub Scouts was for the boy, not the Dad right?  

Anyway, I made the Pit Passes so that only the boy wearing the pass could enter the Staging area where the cars were kept, and be the only one to put their car on the track.  

It's become sort of a tradition for me.  And this year was no exception. 
Except for this was the first year I didn't have my own boy in Cubs for a long long time. 
It was weird not having to make a car this year.  But I thought I'd share some of the passes I made.  


Normally we weigh in the cars 2 days before the race and I keep the cars until race day.  This allows me to take pictures of each car so I can design and print the passes.  A couple of the boys didn't make it to weigh in so I had to improvise on their pass.  That's why there's a pic of the Annoying Orange.





Another boy who didn't make it to weigh in.



I'm giving you to blank generic passes for you to use if you wish.
There are two font choices too.
Feel free to use them, just don't sell them.  That's not cool!



Gentlemen, start your engines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button