Friday, March 8, 2013

Ruffles, Ruffles, Ruffles!


This week has been a crazy Ruffle-y week.
I guess you could say I'm kind of a ruffle addict.
For example this one.

Well this week I made no less than 13 ruffle skirts.
Yep. 13!
I know. I'm crazy.
That was a given a long time ago.

8 of them were for a friend who wanted some for her little girls.
We actually started a year ago and I was going to teach her how to do it herself.
Well we never got around to coordinating schedules so she just asked if I could make
them for her and she'd pay me.
No problem.
The sad part was the skirts we originally cut out 1 year ago don't fit her girls anymore.
So I finished the 4 small skirts to be used as gifts,
then made 4 larger ones that will fit her girls now.
I used 2 different styles.
One with the ruffles going in layers up the backside, and
the other with a circle flower in the front.






She also asked me to make some silky comfort blankies.
I ended up with 4 20x30 inch blankies.

They turned out so cute, it almost made me want another baby.
Amost!

And since I couldn't get enough of ruffley skirts,
I made 3 more for my girl.
They are all the same style, just different fabrics.
She was all to happy to pose for me.
Any reason to climb a tree is a good one.
Thanks baby girl!





Thanks for visiting today.
I got lots of inspiration wandering around Hobby Lobby today.
Be sure to come back and see what I've created.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button