Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Boo to You!


Halloween is coming!
Time to start decorating!
I love putting together fun Halloween decor!
This one is super easy and quick to make.


Remember this one from a few weeks ago?
Well I copied the same method to make the Halloween sign, just changed it up a bit.

Contact paper is awesome and much-much cheaper than vinyl.
Plus the little grid on the back makes it super easy to create the chevron design strips.


Draw the lines on the back and cut out the contact paper.

Get out your burlap covered board.
I just stapled a piece of burlap on a piece of MDF that I already had.

Press the chevron contact paper firmly on the burlap
spacing the lines so you get a good even chevron.


Paint with a sponge brush, let dry and remove the contact paper stencil.
I did three boards this time and one set of stencils lasted the whole time.
I saved them on a piece of wax paper in case I decide to make some more.


Then I pulled out the Cricut and cut out the Boo and 31 using the Storybook cartridge.
Be sure to evenly space the letters out, press firmly and sponge on the paint.
Let dry completely and remove stencil.
Again the letters lasted me for at least 3 boards.


Add some hanging hardware to the back if you wish, or just set it up on your mantle.





Quick and easy!
Happy Halloween!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button