Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fresh Fruit Crock-Pot Cobbler


We are full fruit season which I'm so loving right now.  
We are definitely at fruit loving family.  
If my crisper drawer ever runs low of fruit, I hear about it... loudly.  
I don't mind though because whenever the kids reach for a snack it's usually a piece of fruit.  
My oldest will complain once in a while that we don't have anything unhealthy in the house.  
Sorry bud.  
Just doing my job! ;)



For family dinner last Sunday I wanted to do something fun with some of the fruit I recently got. 
After looking through most of the online cobbler and crisp recipes I discovered that most of them used pie filling which I didn't want to do, and very few used fresh fruit.  
Plus if there was fresh fruit, it was only one kind of fruit.

I think I have what my husband calls "The Architect Syndrome."

Let me explain.

My Dad is an Architect.
If you have known any architects and have been to their homes you will know what I'm talking about.
My dad had friends that were architects.
Their houses were very different from the tradidional design.
One looked like it had sails instead of a traditional flat or gabled roof.
Another house looked like they built the house square, then set the roof on 30 degrees off kilter.

Super weird.

So we decided that since the Architects have to design things the same way every time, 
when they get to design something for themselves, it's very 'outside the box' kind of a design.


That being said, I in no way compare myself to Frank Lloyd Wright,
just the idea that I don't ususally do things the 'tradiditonal' way.

It's always my spin on the norm.

So here's an Architect's daughter's version of Cobbler.

Fresh Fruit Crock-Pot Cobbler

Core and dice:
4 peaches
6 pears
No need to peel them, but that's a personal preference.
1 dry pint blueberries
In a separate bowl combine the following:
2 Tbsp Cornstarch or Ultra Gel
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
Mix well to distribute molasses and cornstarch.
Then pour over diced fruit and stir to coat fruit.
Pour fruit into crock-pot.


In another bowl combine:
2 cups rolled regular oats
(I use Honeyville's Rolled 6 grain)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cube cold butter diced into small pieces



Stir to distribute butter the pour topping over fruit in crock-pot.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
Let cool slightly and serve.




Ice cream would be a lovely addition, but the only kind we had was Cookies and Cream.
Not the combination I was willing to make.

Super easy and yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button