Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Spiced Muffins

Muffins are always a hit at my house and blueberries were a screamin' deal last week so of course I had to make blueberry muffins.  

However my King Arthur Flour Baking Sheet magazine had just come in the mail and one of the first recipes was for spiced peach muffins.  

So I thought, what the heck. 
Lets substitute blueberrys for peaches.  

I can honestly say it was still fabulous.  

So here's my adjusted version of KAF's Spiced Peach Muffins.  

I will give you the original along with my changes.



Spiced Muffins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare muffin tins with cooking spray or paper liners.

In a mixing bowl whisk together the following:
2 cups KAF Unbleached All purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 tsp molasses
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

(The original asked for 1 cup dark brown sugar.  I never buy brown sugar because it's just white sugar and molasses.  I always, always make my own.)

In a stand mixer combine:

2 large eggs
1/4 cup applesauce (The original is Vegetable Oil)
3/4 cup milk
1 dry pint of blueberries
(or 1 1/2 cups diced peaches with/without skin)

Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
Spoon into prepared muffin tins.

(Optional: Sprinkle tops with course sugar)
I omitted this step because really, my kids don't need an extra sugar in the morning.

Bake for 22 to 24 minutes for regular sized muffins.
My mini muffin pans only took about 18 minutes.


 Let cool slightly and serve.


MMMmmmm.... Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button