Monday, January 28, 2013

Super Easy Valentines Baskets

This is a super easy and cute way to gather all those goodies for the kiddos' for Valentines.
All you need is one of those flimsy paper plates.  You know the kind you never pick to use at a picnic?  They are super cheap for a reason.  About $1.50 for 100 at Walmart.  I saw these baskets somewhere and thought they were super cute so I decided to but a pack of plates and now I'm good for all the holidays... for the next 50 years or so, or until the kids move out, which ever comes first. ;)
Plus since there are plain white, you can embellish them any way you want for what every holiday it is.
They would also be cute for a baby shower, backyard picnic, or birthday party.
They only take minutes to make and all you need are scissors and glue.

Let's get to it.

First separate the plates.
 Cut into the plate in four places to make a sort of X.
The depth of your cut determines how big the bottom will be.
About 1 1/2 to 2 inches is good.
If you want to be precise, you could use a ruler to make sure
the cuts were square to each other.
I kind of eyeballed it.



Next, fold in each section and the corners like shown.



Get out the glue stick and put glue on the inside of one flap and the outside of the flap next to it.
I tried to keep the flaps going the same direction as you can see on the inside of the finished basket.
It doesn't really matter, the kids will never notice, but I like things to be semi-uniform if possible.


Decorate with strips of patterned paper,
fill with your goodies,
and DONE!


5 little baskets all in a row for my 5 munchkins.

Here's the free printable for the cards I put in each basket.
I glued a Dove heart chocolate on the 'O' of each card.
It is formatted to an 8 1/2 by 11 inch size.
Feel free to use as many as you need!


I love Re-pins, so please share this with others!


On the schedule coming soon,
Maxi dresses.  Yes dress 'es'.
I went back to SAS on Saturday and scored some
great fabric.  My next project is to play with
different Maxi patterns, and I may even come up with
some of my own designs.
I'm also working on getting my Urban Farm up and running.
I already have several fruit trees planted and the garden ready to plant.
I will share as soon as it's ready to go!
And finally I'm learning more about sprouting and more whole grain,
low to no sugar recipes.
New year.  More healthy menus.
Be sure to check back often!
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print It Button